Sunday, February 22, 2015

Faust & the Canterbury Tales


After seeing an amazing puppet/live actor production of Faust in the Czech Republic during a puppet festival I became inspired to work on something similar with students. My colleagues
and I worked together on creating an American blues version of the classic tale of selling one's soul to the devil. It was my first foray into making large puppets and I had a hard time getting the detail in the heads my students and I created. Using just foam, duct tape and paper mache we created the forms.








In the fall of 2013 while I was teaching my puppet class, we created all the puppet heads and hands for our spring production of the Canterbury Tales, led by Doug Gallagher. The bodies and costumes were made by the cast in the spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment